Royal Albert Institution View 1910s
This is a view of the Royal Albert, looking south-south east. The photograph was taken from what is now (2020) the site of the Haverbreaks housing estate on the southerly edge of Lancaster.
Written on the back of the photograph: '1. Royal Albert Institution'. It was only after January 20th 1910 that the institution was called this name. For many years before then it had always been called the Royal Albert Asylum. It is likely this image dates back to the 1910s.
Lancashire County Museums Service