Mrs Brenda Kay worked at Brockhall from 1954 to its closure in 1992 when she transferred to Calderstones for two years before retiring. Starting as a Cadet Nurse, she qualified as a State Registered Nurse in 1960. In the years afterwards she spent many years nursing, including being Ward Sister, as well as being in charge of running activities for those who lived at Brockhall. Her final role was as Individual Programme Planning (IPP) Co-ordinator, working with individuals who were moving out of the hospital.
Her digital collection includes two oral history interviews as well as a rich array of documents and photos – both of a personal nature as well as relating to a broader history of Brockhall and, to a certain extent, Calderstones. These more institutional level documents reflect Brenda’s own research interests.